By now you’ve probably come to realize what an amazing city Toronto is. A wonderfully diverse and multi-cultural city, Toronto boasts lots of things to do and see, Toronto is definitely a top destination for travellers. If you’re visiting Toronto, you might be interested to learn some fun/interesting facts about our fantastic city. For example, did you know that over 180 languages and dialects are spoken here?
Here are some more fun/interesting facts about Toronto:
- At 30 kilometres in length, Toronto’s PATH system is recognized by Guinness Book of World Records as the largest underground shopping complex in the world
- Toronto was ranked as the best place to live according to the Economist Intelligence Unit, a unit of The Economist magazine. (2015)
- Toronto has the largest population of Italians outside of Italy. When Italy hoisted the World Cup trophy as the top soccer nation in the world in 2006, St. Clair Street transformed into one big party. Viva Italia!
- Canada has the tallest freestanding structure in the world. Completed in 1975, the CN Tower stands 1815′ and 5″ tall.
- In 2015, Toronto was ranked as the best place to live according to the Economist Intelligence Unit, a unit of The Economist magazine.
- Toronto hosts 80 film festivals each year, many reflecting the city’s rich, multicultural, multilingual and diverse communities.
- Toronto is Canada’s largest city with a population now of almost 5.6 million. The Greater Toronto area boasts 6,054,191 residents.
Check out EC for ESL Courses in Toronto.